Saturday, August 16, 2008

Poor Sportsmanship


Did you see that?!? The Swedish wrestler just threw his bronze medal on the ground and stomped away! His coach, his team, and his mother should all line up and bitch-slap that boy!
My son threw his headgear once after he lost an important match.
Once.
I frog-marched that boy out of the gymnasium to the hallway and laid it on the line for him in clear black and white plain english.
Son, if you EVER pitch a fit like that again, it will be the LAST time you EVER step foot on a wrestling mat again. You lose a match, you shake hands with and congratulate your opponent on a good match, shake the coaches hand, leave the gym and then, when you are totally alone, you can be angry and upset. But, and hear me clearly, don't you EVER, EVER display your temper or upset in the gym again. It makes you look like a poor sport, makes your team look bad and reflects poorly on your momma. You really don't want to reflect poorly on your momma.
Poor sportsmanship really pisses me off, in case you were unclear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! I didn't see that but I agree w/ ya.

Good for you teaching your son!

none said...

They should have taken the medal away and given it to the 4th place participant.

M said...

I say give it to the next guy, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

..........and I read your comment, thanks