Thursday, July 17, 2008

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none at all!


My family is cursed. Somewhere throughout history, my family did something so heinous as to require all members of future generations to have the worst luck possible. I AM a jinx. I even warned W.H. when we first started dating!
"I have to warn you that bad shit happens to me, and if you hook up with me, bad shit will happen to you too!" I was serious. I don't think he believed me...THEN. He believes me now.
Anyway, WHY am I sharing this with you now, you ask?
Monday we closed on our house. It had not funded yet (Texas closing rules are a bit strange, but you don't get the keys when you close, you have to wait until the funds have posted to get keys)
But, closing on a new house is a good luck thing, right?
But wait! There's more!
I drove out to the house to meet the seller so he could give me a set of keys that he had forgotten to take to closing, and decided to do a walk-thru of the house.
So, we went in and chatted a bit in the living room and the kitchen. Then seller left.
I walked into the master bedroom to check out the closet because I knew it was kind of small, and I wanted to figure out where to put things.
I stepped into the closet and.....
"splash"
HUH? What the hell??
I took another step.
"splish"
The entire carpet in the closet was SOAKED!
So I wandered around trying to figure things out and this is what I discovered:
The laundry hook-ups in the utility room were leaking and therefore the utility room, hallway, main bathroom and hall closet and part of the living room were all wet. Very wet.
SO.
Since the house had not funded yet, the leak and damage are all the responsibility of the seller to repair, which is a good thing because it is going to cost about $3,000!

As I said...
Shit happens to me. Wanna be my friend? HaHaHa

3 comments:

none said...

It was good that it happend to you at just the right time.

Barney said...

Interesting. Almost the same thing happened to us. Put the house on the market on a Monday. Hose to the washer springs major leak on Monday night. Wake up Tuesday to a swimming hole in laundryroom/bathroom and living room, with a CAT 2 rapids going into the basement. My youngest woke me up with "Surf's up, Dude!" (He had just seen the movie, Iron Giant)

Undomesticated said...

I ain't skeered! I'll be your friend!