Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's Hot


The first thing anyone needs to know about Texas... It's daggone hot! and Humid! My poor anti-frizz shampoo doesn't stand a chance against the Texas humidity.
But,
Texas is lovely. The people in Texas, for the most part, are very nice, friendly and welcoming folk. I think we will be very happy here.
Oh... have I mentioned the bugs? Lots of bugs. LARGE bugs. When they say "everything's bigger in Texas"... they mean it. Even the bugs. Ick.
The trip down here was fairly uneventful...very long, but not bad since the dogs were tranqu'ed and slept much of the way.
Not sure W.H.'s kidneys will function well for some time after bouncing his way from Ohio to Texas in that big moving truck though. But, it's all good.
Guess that's all for now... talk to ya soon.

4 comments:

Undomesticated said...

Welcome to my neck of the woods! LOL

Lonestar Gal said...

Thanks!

none said...

If you see something that looks like a mosquito as big as your thumb don't worry it's too big and slow to catch you ;)

Anonymous said...

my 5 year old just told me she wished "there were never such a thing as bugs". She hates them. Happy moving to you!