Thursday, April 17, 2008

People should have to have a license to reproduce

Now, you all who have read previous posts know that I work with victims of sexual violence. But, I also deal with domestic violence (since the two seem to go hand in hand) and child abuse on occasion.
The past two days I have dealt with two child abuse issues. The first was a teen who had been sexually abused by a family members boyfriend for two years. When mom found out, she took the right steps and immediately reported said scumbag and sought help for her daughter. YAY mom! I love the parents who support their kids who have been harmed. I can say that reporting takes huge guts, courage and determination. Families are literally torn apart when allegations of sexual abuse are brought to light. So I give this woman huge kudos for standing up and being a voice for her daughter.
Then, you have the parents who either:
Don't believe kid...
Keep the abuse secret....
or...
BLAME the kid!
I firmly believe that there is a very special corner in Hell for these parents.
This poor kid is standing in front of you, the one person on the planet that they are supposed to be able to trust and be safe with, and you won't help them??!! WTF??!!
I have said before, and nothing has ever changed my mind;
Some people should be neutered at birth. Some people should just NOT be allowed to breed.
End of rant.

0 comments: