Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day


Today is Memorial Day.
A day to remember those who gave their lives that we may be free.
Free to fly our Flag with pride.
Free to speak our minds.
Free to live, love, laugh, worship, learn, each in our own way.

I have never lost a loved one in the struggle for freedom. But my husband served for years before I ever met him. He was in during the first Gulf War. Had he not been needed in Germany, he could have been lost before I ever had a chance to meet him.

I just want to say to all the brave, resolute men and women who voluntarily have put themselves in harms way to protect the American way of life...to those who made the sacrifice, to the families of those who have been lost in that struggle...
THANK YOU!
You are the reason we are free. May we never forget it.

1 comments:

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I've never lost a loved one in this either but feel just as passionate about the work that is being done and the reason it is being done, whether I agree with it. Kind of like religion...they are all different and different beliefs but all working towards the same purpose of love and healing.