Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Life... Part 6...Innocence Lost

It's late. The moon is full, and in the clearing I can see the fire pit and the picnic table. I see the Iris that my mother had planted the year before that smells like grape kool-aid and I hear the breeze in the trees all around me. It's a little chilly, but not cold.
The forest is not quiet at night. Leaves rustle, a branch falls somewhere behind me, and peeper frogs are chirping in the night. I am lying awake in my sleeping bag, looking at the stars in the sky, watching the trees sway gently above me, listening to the peaceful night sounds.
I sense movement to my right, where my parents are laying in their sleeping bag. My mother is asleep, and my father rolls over to face me. "Can't sleep?" he asked in a whisper, reaching over and placing his hand on my stomach, rubbing in small circles.
"Let me help you" he said, and began massaging gently.
We had always been a "touchy" family, lots of hugs and such when things were good, so I thought nothing of this.
After a few minutes, I began to feel drowsy, my eyes getting heavier when suddenly my whole body stiffened as his hand moved over my small budding breast.
"SHH!" he whispered harshly, pressing down with his hand, holding me in place.
I was scared.
He didn't stop.
I was ten years old.
He didn't stop.
I was innocent.
He didn't stop.

He didn't stop.

6 comments:

Undomesticated said...

Of all my bad memories the ones where I was asleep are the ones that haunt me the most.

M said...

I shouldn't have read that, not today.

M said...

Don't you worry about it. I really really admire your strength.

Anonymous said...

Oh how awful. :( I'm sorry you had to live through that.

none said...

Tragic. Sorry you had to endure that.

Lonestar Gal said...

Hey all... thanks for the kind words. Just so you know, yes, it was a nightmare, it was terrible. BUT.
It is all to the good, because now I use those experiences to help victims. I am in a good place.
Thanks again.