Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Friend H



I have a wonderful friend named H. He and his wife and two cats live in Finland.
I have never actually met him, or her, or even their cats.
I met H about four years ago on the MSN game zone while playing backgammon, and we just hit it off, and have been friends ever since. We try to "get together" a couple times a month to play backgammon online, or just to say hello and catch up with each others lives.
H is a wonderful photographer, and sends me some of the most amazing pictures of birds I have ever seen. He, and most of Finland apparently, are very much into bird watching, and he and S (his wife) often take bird watching trips all over the countryside.
H and S also take several trips to various locations around the world each year. They can do that... they don't have kids, and therefore have money. Amazing how that works, isn't it?
So, a couple times a year I will open my email and find some truly amazing pictures of places like Austria, Bratislava, and other European cities. I get to see beautiful locations all over the world, without ever leaving my house.
Over the years I have met some truly wonderful people on the internet, and I love how it allows me to "meet" people all over the world. The internet gives a great sense of freedom.
H has said that someday, after we move to Texas, he and S will come to America for one of their vacations and visit us.
It will be lovely to actually meet my friend, and whip his butt in backgammon on a real board.

0 comments: