Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wish I was in Texas already!


Man, what the heck happened to Spring?
The weather the past few weeks has been lovely. All my flowers are in bloom, the grass is green, and we packed up our space heaters and cold weather clothes in storage in preparation for the move. Even nights have been plenty warm.
Until THIS week.
This week has been FREEZING. We even woke up to clumps of snow on the ground the other day. With no heat in the house, it has been about 54F consistently in the house all week.
And my bed-warmer is in Orlando!
I have been putting a heating pad under the covers in our bed at night about an hour before I go to bed, and then move it down to my feet when I actually climb in.
Sheesh!
Supposed to be warm again today though. YAY! I'm getting pretty tired from all the shivering.

1 comments:

Barney said...

Be careful what you wish for. Today it was beautiful here in the Ft Worth area. Mid 70's and sunny. Birds singing, flowers blooming, deer messing with the bird feeder out back. Sat out back tonight in my t shirt and shorts watching the stars. Simply gorgeous. Yesterday, the insurance adjuster finally made his way out and totalled my roof from hail damage from a week ago. The tornado missed by about 3 miles to the south.