Thursday, June 5, 2008

Slobs


Not only am I surrounded by those of the testosterone bearing breed; I am surrounded by something even worse.
Slobs.
That's right. Total slobs.
My darling step-sons are total slobs. This is what comes of parents (such as their mother) never making them clean up after themselves or help out around the house.
Every day I come home to a mess. Every day. The kitchen counter covered in dishes, and crumbs and spills that they have not cleaned up after causing.
I don't ask a lot from them. Just CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS!
I got home tonight to the biggest mess so far. There was not a clean dish to be had. Somehow these two boys had managed to dirty every single dish. (My two sons are still in school til the end of the week)
I thought my head was going to explode. Not only do I already have plenty on my plate every day but now I have these two extra bodies laying around taking up space and wrecking the place.
I really, really want to bitch-slap their mom.
Grrr.

2 comments:

Undomesticated said...

Oh good gravy! They would be trotting their happy asses right on in there and cleaning that up!
I am a bit lax with my kids in certain areas. They do clean up after themselves in the main rooms of the house. I give them leeway when it comes to their bedrooms and that is it. Hope things get better for you real soon!

Lonestar Gal said...

Oh... believe me, they cleaned up the mess last night! I let them know in fairly clear terms yesterday that this crap will NOT be tolerated. I am a step-mom... not a fricking maid.